Storyagent Ltd (“Storyagent”, “the processor” or “We”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy as we consider the protection of data as a key pillar to building trust in strong and long-lasting relations.
Storyagent is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains the basis on which any Personal Data we collect from you when you use our services, or otherwise interact with Storyagent (for example, attending Storyagent events or participating in marketing activities), or that you provide to us, will be processed by us, which is why kindly ask you to read the following carefully to understand our purposes and practices regarding your personal data and how we will manage it. If you do not agree with this policy, do not access or use our Services or interact with any other aspect of our business.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us:
- contact information, such as name, home address and email address;
- account information, such as username, password, Account settings and preferences;
- financial information, such as bank account numbers, bank statement and trading information;
- information that we need for verification, such as images of your government-issued ID, passport, national ID card or driving license, gender, date of birth;
- residence verification information, such as utility bill details or similar information;
- information regarding your profession and involvement in the industry, such as diploma, portfolio, links to different platforms;
- information regarding the way in which you use our Services, such as when you used our Services, and the specific Services used; and
- information relating to communications with us, whether through the Storyagent website or via email, over the phone or via any other medium.
Information we collect automatically when you use the Services
We collect information about you when you are on your computer, device and browsing information when you access the Storyagent website or use Storyagent Services. We keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with our services, which services you were interested in and for how long. This information includes the features you use; the services you select.
Information we receive from other sources
We need to collect certain types of information from third-party partners and public sources.
Period for which the data collected is kept
We retain the Personal Data we collect for different periods of time depending on what it is and we make sure that we only keep them for the time period which is strictly needed in order to comply with legal or contractual obligations, not for an indefinite amount of time. The Personal Data we collect on you when you create an Account will be retained for the mandatory retention period set forth by applicable law as it is necessary for us to maintain an exhaustive documentation of our operations as required from us as regulated financial sector professionals, even if your Account has not been successfully activated (e.g. if Account verification has not been completed) or no transaction has been made using it.
Uses made of the information
We collect and use your information for a variety of reasons. We need some information to enter into and perform our contract – for example, your contact and payment details, while certain information processing is required by law.
We also collect Personal Data because you have given your consent, which can be withdrawn by sending us an email to [email protected]. Other information we collect and use because we have legitimate business interests to do so, having taken into account your rights, interests and freedoms.
We may use your Personal Information to:
- provide our services, which, among other, means to create and administer your Account and generally for accounting, billing, maintenance of legal documentation and claim and dispute management. Related processing operations are necessary for the performance of a contract with you (or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract) and for compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject;
- process your transactions. Related processing operations are necessary for the performance of a contract with you and for compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject;
- verify your identity in accordance with our demand and legal requirements or fulfil our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information or services that you request from us, including to process transactions with you, send you transactional information, authenticate when you log in, provide support, and operate and maintain our services;
- to improve our services or to notify you about changes or updates to our service;
- analyse our website usage and improve our website and website offerings. Related processing operations are necessary for purposes of our legitimate interests (that is, improving and promoting our Services);
- to protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights, whenever it is required for us to do so in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
- a few times per month we might send you some email with company news, updates, promotions and information relating to similar products and Services provided by Storyagent. In case of a contest, promotion, survey or another site feature as is further explained on the website we might also send you an email to inform you. We shall only do this where you have given us your consent or otherwise where we are permitted to do so under applicable law in pursuit of our legitimate interests (that is, promoting our Services).
We may share Personal Data with third parties to help us with our marketing and promotional projects, or sending marketing communications.
If you want to opt out of receiving promotional and marketing emails, text messages, posts and other forms of communication from us (or our promotional partners), which you might receive in accordance with this section, you can send us an email to [email protected]
Disclosure of your information
We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Storyagent except in the following cases:
when we have your consent for the purposes the consent is given. We will ask for your explicit consent to share any sensitive personal information;
in order to provide you services we offer;
with our authorized personnel in order to perform duties from any contract we enter with you;
companies part of the Storyagent in order to operate and improve products and services;
selected third parties and other business partners, suppliers and subcontractors (all within EEA countries) for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, including: providers of website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processors, accounting firms, CRM platform providers, phone system providers, analytics systems providers, IT specialist etc. Our suppliers and Service providers are required to meet our standards on processing information and security. The information we provide them, including your information, will only be provided in relation to the performance of their function.
When choosing third parties to which we may share your information, Storyagent takes all the necessary precautions and checks for the data protection compliance of these organizations.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we are discussing selling or transferring a part or all of our business – the information may be transferred to prospective purchasers under suitable confidentiality terms;
- if we are reorganised or sold, information may be transferred to a buyer who can continue to provide Services to you;
- if we are required to by law, or under any regulatory code or practice we follow, or if we are asked by any public or regulatory authority – for example law enforcement; and
- if we are defending a legal claim, your information may be transferred as required in relation to defending such claim.
Your information will not be sold, exchanged or shared with any third parties without your consent, except to provide Storyagent Services or as required by law.
Storyagent’s third-party Service providers are bound by a contract to protect and all Personal Data only for the purposes for which it was disclosed, except as otherwise required or permitted by law.
We store and process your Personal Data in data centres around the world, wherever Storyagent facilities or service providers are located. As such, we may transfer your Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Such transfers are undertaken in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations. Some of the countries to which your Personal Data may be transferred to for these purposes that are located outside the EU do not benefit from the adequacy decision issued by the EU Commission regarding protection afforded to Personal Data in that country. Such transfers are undertaken in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations, and appropriate safeguards under applicable law will be implemented, such as standard data protection clauses, with data recipients or processors approved by competent authorities.
You have certain rights concerning your Personal Data, which includes:
- protection of your data;
- right to know which data is being kept by Storyagent;
- right to access it, to add, correct or complete it;
- right to the limitation of the processing of your data;
- right to be informed in case of data protection breaches that affects your data and that is likely to result in high risk to your rights and freedoms;
- right to data portability; and
- right to the deletion of your data.
In case your Personal Data is being processed for marketing purposes you also have the right to object to such processing. Insofar you think there has been a violation of legislation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If you want to exercise above-mentioned rights (except complaint with a supervisory authority, which should be sent directly to the competent authority) or have a question with regards to your Personal Data or to how we make sure it is kept protected, you can contact us at [email protected].
Protection of Personal Data
In order to provide adequate security for your Personal Data we use a variety of security measures to ensure confidentiality and to protect your Personal Data from loss, theft, unauthorised access, misuse, alteration or destruction. These security measures include, but are not limited to storing your Personal Data in secured servers, encryption of your password and other measures that ensure your data is safe.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.